Friday, May 22, 2009

Muffin Mania




I have a cocktail party to cater for this weekend. 80 people. I will be serving 6 hot options and 1 sweet option.
The menu is...

Chicken,leek and fetta mini tarts
Sugarcane prawn puffs w/green chilli dipping sauce
Pumpkin,sweetcorn and coriander fritters
Moroccan marinated lamb skewers w/tahini lemon dipping sauce
Beef,mushroom and lentil baby pies
Tomato & Zucchini soup served in cups with garlic toasts

Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffin cupcakes.

While I was making the muffins I thought about sharing my tips for making great muffins.
I have a good reputation for my muffins. They were the best seller in both of our cafes.

I find the best result is to not over mix, let it be lumpy and still a bit of flour not mixed in.
Melt the butter in a jug in the microwave, add your eggs to it and then beat it through in the jug then add the milk.
If you follow this sequence I promise you nothing but praise for your muffins!

If your using frozen berries, fold them in the dry mix first before you add your wet mix. This will stop the berries bleeding through the muffin mixture.
I always use white sugar, not caster. I find this gives the top of the muffin its nice crunch.
DON'T over cook them. Take them out a wee bit before you meant too. The muffins will keep cooking a little bit more as they cool down.

Well see how you go with these tips...

Well I must keep going, I'm behind a bit this week. I have had a sick little boy. Winter cold.
His spirits are good, just rough nights....zzzzzzzzzzz

Sweet Muffins & Dreams.


1 comment:

Oscar said...

Finally the secret is out!! Love the muffins...